People saying that I have a lot of potential. That could mean two things. First off it could mean that I am young and have a lot of learning ahead of me but I'll be successful. Or secondly it could mean that I'm clearly not meeting my expectations from others quite yet in my career and life.
Well lovely.
Both are intimidating.
Regardless I know I am still learning but aren't we all?! I often times feel very "watched" by my "peers" both older, younger, and similar aged. Good or bad it's hard not to let the pressure and expectations of others taint your goal and your focus in life.
I've learned that no one is perfect and you really should never be too hard on yourself. You deserve to be uplifted and loved but not everyone is going to perceive you or your life the right way and you'll never make everyone happy. As a people-pleaser that is a hard pill to swallow but it's true.
Worry less about others and more about your life and your focus. Worry more about your mental health and keeping yourself active and strong. Take the time to inform others that you will never live up to your full potential...you've already exceeded it!
Ultimately brush it off because no ones idea of what defines your potential really matters. The only thing that matters is that you keep challenging yourself to be a better person, a constant learner, lover of people, humble to serve, quick to forgive and slow to enjoy each and every second of your beautiful life. Once you've mastered that...you've surpassed your undefined "potential".
No comments:
Post a Comment